Member Training Series @ Jamesville Beach
JAMESVILLE TRAINING WILL BE ON TUESDAY NIGHT
(only Jamesville. Gille and Oneida will be on Wednesday)
VOLUNTEER INFO (No volunteers, no training)
We are the only club in the country that has this type of training for a low membership fee. This club is run by volunteers, we can only do these trainings if we have volunteers. If you would like to help sustain these club programs, please volunteer.
In the event that we do not have enough volunteers for the training site we will cancel.
We will notify members about the cancellation via Facebook page, website and email via Google Groups.
MORAL OF THE STORY? VOLUNTEER.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN HOW:
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS OPENING THE SPREADSHEET email firstname.lastname@example.org
If a site is going to cancel before 4 pm due to bad weather, we will post an announcement on the club’s Facebook page and Google group. If we have to cancel after 4 pm it will be an on-site decision.
Also remember the follow people are the ONLY people who will ANNOUNCE A CANCELLATION of a Week Night Training on FACEBOOK: Thomas Stern, Sam Sampere and Ken Geary, Lari Jimerson (Oneida Shores); Mike Gasparek and Eric Prager (Gillie Lake); Bridget Lichtinger (President). If it doesn’t come from any of these individuals it is just a rumor.
DUATHLONS: May 19th – May 26th (1.5 mile run, 10 mile bike, 3.1 mile run)
TRIATHLON: June 2nd – August 11th (500 yard swim; 10 mile bike, 3.1 mile run)
MAX CAPACITY for a WNT is 200 members
IMPORTANT rules for week nigh training:
- MEMBERS MUST SIGN IN AND SIGN OUT.
- PRACTICE STARTS PROMPTLY AT 6:00 p.m., and ends BEFORE 8 p.m.
- When participating in the summer training sessions at Gillie Lake, Oneida Shores or Jamesville, you must sign in before starting (before 6) and sign out before leaving (by 8). This is to ensure everyone is safely off the training course.
- If you fail to sign out the event director will call to verify that you are okay and you will be issued a warning.
- If you fail to sign out a second time you will issued another warning and told that your privileges of using the summer training sessions are in danger of being revoked.
- If you fail to sign out a third time you will no longer be allowed to participate in any of the summer training sessions. It is the three strikes and you are out rule. We really don’t want to ban anyone from the training sessions so please remember to sign out.
- All members must be signed out by 8 p.m. Watch your time carefully and do what only what time will allow you to do.
- When signing in you will be “marked” on the hand. This is so volunteers will know who you are in case of an emergency. Everyone must be signed in and ON THE BEACH by 5:55 p.m., to swim. If you are NOT signed in by 5:55, you will not be allowed to participate in the OWS.
- You must enter the water by going in-between (not around) the two swim counters.
- Once you exit the water you not be allowed to re-enter.
- You must wear a bike helmet, strapped, when riding on the bike course or event area. No exceptions!
- NO headphones while on the bike.
- Do not ride two across – cyclist must be in a single file.
- NO drafting – cyclist must be at least two bike lengths from each other.
- If passing, you MUST announce “ON YOUR LEFT” EACH AND EVERY TIME.” We don’t care if you say it once or a million times.
- OBEY all traffic laws AND BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS!! YOU are in charge of your own safety. Bike course is NOT CLOSED to traffic.
- Know the course! We have maps available on the CNY Tri Club website.
- Do not run 3-4 people across. All runners are to be running on the shoulder of the road. Not IN the road. We’ve received numerous complaints about runners taking up the entire road or not moving for cars. We need to leave a positive lasting impression with the people that live in/around the area.
- Run facing traffic.
- No headphones allowed on the course. No exceptions.
- EVERYONE must be CHECKED OUT NO LATER THAN 8:00 p.m. (park closes). Not 8:00 or 8:01 p.m. Be courteous of the volunteers that are staying to allow you to train. Be finished and checked out BY 8:00 p.m. Be mindful of your time.
- Know the COURSE!!!!! If you haven’t been out to the site before, visit a day or two before and DRIVE the course. It is your responsibility to know the course. DO NOT create your OWN course. If you want to do something different than the course the club has then you MUST CHECK OUT. We are NOT responsible for members going rogue.
Jamesville Beach Training Series Bike Course Map
Jamesville Beach Training Series Run Course Map
For more information or questions contact the Director at email@example.com