Member Training Series @ Oneida Shores
We are the only club in the country that has this type of training for an incredibly low membership fee. We can only hold these trainings if we have enough volunteers to provide a safe environment for participants. In the event that we do not have enough volunteers, Site Directors will cancel onsite on the night of training. If you would like to help sustain these club programs, please volunteer.
(Click on link above to volunteer!)
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS OPENING THE SPREADSHEET email email@example.com
If a site is going to cancel before 4 pm due to bad weather, we will send out an email and post an announcement on the club’s Facebook page and Google group. If we have to cancel after 4 p.m. it will be an on-site decision.
Also remember the follow people are the ONLY people who will ANNOUNCE A CANCELLATION of a Week Night Training on FACEBOOK: Thomas Stern, Sam Sampere, Eric Bansbach, Mary Lou Plante (Oneida Shores), Mike Gasparek and Eric Prager (Gillie Lake). If it doesn’t come from any of these individuals it is just a rumor.
IF YOU ARRIVE BEFORE 5 p.m. there is a $4 daily parking fee! You can purchase a $31.50 beach season pass so you don’t have to worry about parking! This pass can be used at Oneida Shores and Jamesville Beach. To purchase a beach pass go to Oneida Shores website.
DUATHLON: June 7 & June 14 (1 mile run, 8 or 12 mile bike, 3 mile run)
TRIATHLON: June 21 – August 2 (400 yard swim; 8 or 12 mile bike, 3 mile run)
IMPORTANT rules for Week Night Training:
- MEMBERS MUST SIGN IN AND SIGN OUT.
- WED NIGHT PRACTICE STARTS PROMPTLY AT 6 p.m., and ends BEFORE 8 p.m.
- When participating in the summer training sessions at Gillie Lake, Oneida Shores or Jamesville, you must sign in before starting (before 6) and sign out before leaving (by 8). This is to ensure everyone is safely off the training course.
- If you fail to sign out the event director will call to verify that you are okay and you will be issued a warning.
- If you fail to sign out a second time you will issued another warning and told that your privileges of using the summer training sessions are in danger of being revoked.
- If you fail to sign out a third time you will no longer be allowed to participate in any of the summer training sessions. It is the three strikes and you are out rule. We really don’t want to ban anyone from the training sessions so please remember to sign out.
- All members must be signed out by 8 p.m. Watch your time carefully and do what only what time will allow you to do.
- When signing in you will be “marked” on the hand. This is so volunteers will know who you are in case of an emergency. Everyone must be signed in and ON THE BEACH by 5:55 p.m., to swim. If you are NOT signed in by 5:55, you will not be allowed to participate in the OWS.
- You must enter the water by going in-between (not around) the two swim counters.
- Once you exit the water you not be allowed to re-enter.
- You must wear a bike helmet, strapped, when riding on the bike course or event area. No exceptions!
- NO headphones while on the bike.
- Do not ride two across – cyclist must be in a single file.
- NO drafting – cyclist must be at least two bike lengths from each other.
- If passing, you MUST announce “ON YOUR LEFT” EACH AND EVERY TIME.” We don’t care if you say it once or a million times.
- OBEY all traffic laws AND BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS! YOU are in charge of your own safety. Bike course is NOT CLOSED to traffic.
- Know the course! We have maps available on the CNY Tri Club website.
- Do not run 3-4 people across. All runners are to be running on the shoulder of the road. Not IN the road. We’ve received numerous complaints about runners taking up the entire road or not moving for cars. We need to leave a positive lasting impression with the people that live in/around the area.
- Run facing traffic.
- No headphones allowed on the course. No exceptions.
- EVERYONE must be CHECKED OUT NO LATER THAN 8 p.m. (park closes). Not 8 or 8:01 p.m. Be courteous of the volunteers that are staying to allow you to train. Be finished and checked out BY 8 p.m. Be mindful of your time.
- Know the COURSE!!!!! If you haven’t been out to the site before, visit a day or two before and DRIVE the course. It is your responsibility to know the course. DO NOT create your OWN course. If you want to do something different than the course the club has then you MUST CHECK OUT. We are NOT responsible for members going rogue.
WE DO NOT TRAIN USING THE IRON GIRL SWIM AND/OR BIKE COURSE!
Oneida Shores Training Series Registration and Transition Area