Winter Training Facility sponsored by Onondaga Cycling Club
The Winter Training Facility
OPEN FOR THE SEASON
The CNY Triathlon Club Winter Training Facility (WTF) provides a unique venue for winter time training. The WTF is located in the Community Wing of Shoppingtown Mall. The WTF is located in the old Dewitt library by Sears — go downstairs and you can’t miss it!
The space is equipped with 50 Kurt Kinetic trainers, sound system, two large screen video monitors, CD/DVD player. Bring your bike, water bottle, towel and your desire to have a great workout.
The CNY Triathlon Club Winter Training Facility is available for use free of charge to current members of the CNY Triathlon Club and members of the Onondaga Cycling Club.
- You can park in the parking facility located between Sears and JC Penney. Exit the parking facility and use the entrance to the mall near but to the left of Sears entrance – Parking Exit #6. DO NOT GO UP THE ESCALATOR. Take the small hallway beside the escalator and follow the hallway around to the WTF.
- You can also park by Dick’s and walk your bike down to the WTF, which is located in the “Community Wing” of Shoppingtown Mall. Go towards Sears and when you see the set of stairs keep going down to the bottom level. We are located downstairs where the OLD Dewitt library used to be.
- When the parking lot is wet or snow covered, carry your bike up to the mall entrance and roll your bike the rest of the way to the WTF. We want to keep the trainers corrosion free.
- If you have never used a bike trainer, no worries! It is easy and the leader of the session will show you how to set your bike up.
- If you do not have a trainer at home and plan to use the WTF frequently, we are allowing members to leave their bike at the WTF for a small fee.
To use this service it will be $20 per bike/member (more info below)
- Bring your water bottle pre-filled from home. If coming to yoga, bring a mat, but there are mats available at the WTF.
- Be sure to sign-in for each session at the front table.
- Arrive 15 minutes early to set-up your bike.
WINTER BIKE ROOM
Similar to last year, we are allowing members to leave their bike at the WTF so members don’t have to drag their bike back and forth to attend classes for the winter season.
We have space to store up to 90 bikes for the season for a small fee of $20.00. The bike storage is on a first come, first served basis.
NOTE: LEAVING YOUR BIKE AT THE WTF IN THE BIKE ROOM DOES NOT GUARANTEE A SPOT IN ANY CLASS.
ALL CLASSES ARE ON FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS
THANK YOU to Onondaga Cycling Club for sponsoring the WTF this season!