Winter Training Facility
The Winter Training Facility
Opens October 27, 2014
The CNY Triathlon Club Winter Training Facility (WTF) provides a unique venue for winter time training. The WTF is located in the Community Wing of Shoppingtown Mall. The WTF is located in the old Dewitt library by Sears — go downstairs and you can’t miss it!
The space is equipped with 50 Kurt Kinetic trainers, sound system, two large screen video monitors, CD/DVD player. Bring your bike, water bottle, towel and your desire to have a great workout.
The CNY Triathlon Club Winter Training Facility is available for use free of charge to current members of the CNY Triathlon Club and members of the Onondaga Cycling Club.
- You can park in the parking facility located between Sears and JC Penney. Exit the parking facility and use the entrance to the mall near but to the left of Sears entrance – Parking Exit #6. DO NOT GO UP THE ESCALATOR. Take the small hallway beside the escalator and follow the hallway around to the WTF.
- You can also park by Dick’s and walk your bike down to the WTF, which is located in the “Community Wing” of Shoppingtown Mall. Go towards Sears and when you see the set of stairs keep going down to the bottom level. We are located downstairs where the OLD Dewitt library used to be.
- When the parking lot is wet or snow covered, carry your bike up to the mall entrance and roll your bike the rest of the way to the WTF. We want to keep the trainers corrosion free.
- If you have never used a bike trainer, no worries! It is easy and the leader of the session will show you how to set your bike up.
- If you do not have a trainer at home and plan to use the WTF frequently, we are allowing members to leave their bike at the WTF for a small fee.
To use this service it will be $20 per bike/member (more info below)
- Bring your water bottle pre-filled from home. If coming to yoga, bring a mat, but there are mats available at the WTF.
- Be sure to sign-in for each session at the front table.
- Arrive 15 minutes early to set-up your bike.
WINTER BIKE ROOM
Similar to last year, we are allowing members to leave their bike at the WTF so members don’t have to drag their bike back and forth to attend classes for the winter season.
We have space to store up to 40 bikes for the season for a small fee of $20.00. The bike storage is on a first come, first served basis.
If you would like to keep your bike at the WTF, there will be an early bird drop-off on:
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25 10 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
If you can’t make the early bird drop off, check with your class instructor on spots available and to register.
NOTE: LEAVING YOUR BIKE AT THE WTF IN THE BIKE ROOM DOES NOT GUARANTEE A SPOT IN ANY CLASS.
ALL CLASSES ARE ON FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS
2014-2015 WTF CLASSES
Monday 6:00 p.m. (STARTS OCT. 27)
Cycle with Sam Sampere. Get there early because Sam’s class fills up quickly! Sam will provide you with a great workout, but also a few laughs!
Tuesday 6:00 p.m. (STARTS OCT. 28)
Yoga with Lisa Baker. Lisa is a certified yoga instructor and triathlete. Lisa will teach a class that will keep you strong and centered throughout the winter.
Wednesday 6:00 p.m. (STARTS OCT. 29)
Cycle with Rich O’Neil. Rich will start with base building in Nov, Dec and January. Starting in Feb., Rich will pick up efforts to get you ready for outside riding.
Thursday 6:00 p.m. (STARTS OCT. 30)
Dre’s Bike Party! This is a totally fun, come sweat to some great music, class. The only thing you will learn is how to have an awesome time.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. (STARTS NOV. 8)
Crazy Core with Bridget Lichtinger. Start your Saturday morning off with a core routine to get you strong and ready to bike.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. (STARTS NOV. 8)
Cycle with Bridget Lichtinger. Bridget will give you a great weekend workout to get you ready for race season! Extended rides will begin later in the winter season.